Friday, September 21, 2012

And the Playground Went Wild!

The sky over San Fran was hazy...we knew it would be about 15 -20 minutes for the shuttle to make it from Sacramento to the Golden Gate....and from there it was just a short distance until we would see it. The question was, which direction it would fly south to Moffett Field. Then, the giant plane and shuttle emerged from the haze...and headed right towards us....my school is on a hill with an amazing view of the bay....AND THE SHUTTLE WAS HEADING RIGHT TO US...AND LOW! It came right to the hill and then banked over the playground and headed south west.....and this what we saw :


The kids ran below it screaming and waving their arms...I am sure the crew was just as amazed as we were. I am sure my kids (will remember this day in first grade for a very long time....and hopefully they will get to see it in the museum in Los Angeles some day.

*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH
HARDER*VIEW THE SHUTTLE CLOSE UP*

4 comments:

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Oh wow! I had a lot of friends who saw it in the city today. Very cool. We missed it.
They will never forget that.

Busy Bee Suz said...

How cool for you and the kiddos?? Very very cool!
I've never seen it in person, but we have heard the sonic boom several times when the shuttle comes back into the atmosphere. Quite cool!

Lisa said...

So cool!!!

Anonymous said...

I am sure the kids must have loved it. It is very cool.

I had my father drive me to JFK airport just so I can stick my camera out of the window and take pictures.

Do you have FB? If you do, email me and it will be a pleasure to connect with you, as well as see all of my photographs.