The stroke was located in the vision center and it is coming to light through therapy just exactly what we need to work on. His memory center of the brain was not affected although his short term memory was so poor it was frightening! He just wouldn't talk about long term things so it was hard to tell he could remember. Each day there is improvement with his short memory...in fact there is a difference from morning to evening thank goodness! Today he has been talking about the dog, Chicago and the fact that my summer is almost over. Whew! If you were to look at him there are no visible signs of a stroke.
He has only been conscious since late Friday night/Saturday morning so much progress has been made. Tomorrow my kids and I are going to look at a rehab facility where he can get 3 hours of therapy each day. I felt first that I wanted him home but now I see that this may be best. I cannot believe that some people just choose a facility without going to visit...unless I think I could stay there, there is no way I would send a family member there!
Thank you for your kind words and prayers.
XXOO!
*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER* HUG YOUR CAPTAIN*
2 comments:
Oh Marey, my heart goes out to you and him and your family for what you have been through. Thanks for adding an update. I'm so glad to hear that his health is making progress each day. And I'm thankful that your kids are there with you. Take care of yourself.
I am SO glad to see this post. I was about to email you. Praying for his continued recovery.
Post a Comment