We got the paper work around 3:00 and headed for Los Gatos to the rehab facility. We checked in and stayed for dinner....a nice single room with a window. After getting settled for the night, my kids and I drove home to pack up BIG Foot. We got to bed around 12:30.
The alarm went off at 4:25...BIG Foot's flight was at 6 a.m. He had been home for more than 2 weeks and although I hated to see him go, he had to get back to work. Now it is just The Botanist and I at home. For some reason we can't seem to get to sleep before midnight and we wake up way too early. I came back from the airport and slept for an hour and then got stuff together to head to rehab.
How did we finally break loose? The Captain's heart was in A Fib since surgery...the medications did not work...and it didn't sync on its own...A Fib can cause a stroke...but the heart can being shocked back into a regular heartbeat...which can also cause a stroke. On Wednesday it was decided that 2 weeks post surgery was enough.... a camera was driven down The Captain's throat, and it was determined that there were no blood clots in the heart. Then his heart was ZAPPED! It only took one zapping and his heart rate was back to normal...Bye Bye A Fib! Talk about nerve wracking!!
I don't believe life will ever really be back to normal but WOW what a second chance we have been given.
*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*LOVE YOUR HEART*

3 comments:
Thanks for keeping us updated. I think of you often. Wow! The body is an amazing thing isn't it. I'm so glad that he's been released from the hospital. I bet that alone is a relief.
It sounds like the Captain is getting good care and is on track. You all remain in my thoughts each day.
What wonderful news to wake up to! So glad he is one step closer to home. The Captain looks wonderful!
Postcard Cindy
Post a Comment