Monday, October 6, 2014

It is never very smart....

to run a half marathon without proper training....and although it sounded good last spring when I registered, and what I had been training so very hard for.....but it all fell to pieces July 2nd.

But when you pay to run, and you planned this with your daughter, her boyfriend and another good friend, what else is there to do but run anyway, right?

I was in coral 7, The Botanist and Nuclear Physicist in coral 8, and The Bio-Engineer in 9. I took off knowing full well those kids would pass me. I just wanted to run half of the run, a 10K, in less than an hour. 

At the 5K mark I was at 26 minutes...at the 10K I was at 56 minutes...I was so pleased that I dogged it for the next 3 miles...then I looked at my watch and got mad at myself for going slow...I wasn't tired...my mind just set on doing well for half the run. 

I still hadn't seen my kids pass me yet so I picked up the pace.
And I came in a whole 5 minutes before the kids!
It was very hot by the end of the run...here I am sporting a wet towel they passed out to use with our medals.

I hope to be able to run more so I can get back in the shape I was in prior to July 2nd.

*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*RUN THE ROCK AND ROLL*

2 comments:

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Impressive! Congrats. I'm glad things are getting back to normal for you. Hope your year is going well!

Wendy said...

Woohoo! It feels great to surprise yourself. Have a Terrific Tuesday!