Sunday, October 19, 2014

Nike

I wasn't going to run the S. F. Women's Nike this year BECAUSE I didn't get in the lottery. It is the only expensive run I do because it benefits the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society...but I didn't get in. THEN, I was at the shoe store Adventure Run last month and they had entrees to give away....I just had to log on and pay the fee!



SOOOOOO, I quickly text my friend in New Jersey and told her I was in! She is a legacy runner and always gets in. But she hadn't been training because she wasn't planning on coming out...since I didn't get in.

Sooooo, Ali took her place...and I promised I would run slow for Ali. I did hold to my promise except I did run up the BIG MOTHER RUNNER hill at mile 9.5 because baby steps were killing me! I did wait at the top...and then I slowly ran the finish and we got our photo holding our hands above our head as we crossed the finish....and then I jumped and danced and hopefully got some silly photos at the end.
Here we are at the end with our Tiffany necklaces....there were no firemen giving out the necklaces this year...just a few that you could take a photo with...I think they were all fighting the big fires in California right now.....so we loaded up our swag bags and headed for home.

*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH
 HARDER*RUN LIKE A GIRL*

3 comments:

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

No firemen passing out the Tiffany necklaces?!?! Why bother! ;) I think next, you should show a picture of ALL of your impressive Tiffany necklaces. I bet you have quite a collection.

Busy Bee Suz said...

How awesome is that?? Love your hair do!!! Congrats to you both.

Wendy said...

Silly photos? No, not you! Not ever. Love whatever that is on your head!