![]() |
| MY KIDS MADE THESE :) |
I checked in, got tattooed and went outside to ring my cow bell for the first swimmers. There were 3 heats for adults. The fast, the semi fast and the slow pokes. I have never been much of a swimmer, but last year I swam my fastest, most respectable mile in Swim Across America. I was fast enough to hang out in the middle of the pool with the fast finishers, while the slow pokes still swam their circles around the buoys. I have only swam 3x since July, after The Captain almost died, so I decided to swim in the slow poke heat....because this year wasn't about personal records, it was about KICKING cancer's ASS!
![]() |
| THE TATTOO ON MY FOREARM SAYS, "GIVE ME A HIGH 5!" |
I threw a party at school a few weeks ago on a Friday night. Any second grader could attend from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. for an evening of *F*U*N*, food, P.E. and a movie. All the parents had to do was make a donation to my fundraising site. It cost me about $50 in food and crafts. A sweet friend who teaches adaptive P.E. came and took 25 kids for P.E. fun while the other 25 stayed with me for crafts, board games and fingernail polishing. Then they switched. Parents were very generous....and in the end I had $1,890 in my online account! Sure beat begging my friends to donate and embroidering dishtowels as a gift for donating.
Back to today, BECAUSE that's not all! There was a raffle...and first I won a fleece vest and a baseball cap for The Captain....and THEN, I won the next two items! Certificates for dues! I had 2 gift bags, each with a little box, tied with a sweet little ribbon. I was so jazzed to have 2 months dues!! Then after I got home and did a bunch of chores, I opened the boxes AND the certificates were for THREE months individual dues! So I have 6 months of dues for the club!!
I am lucky at raffles!
*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*SWIM ACROSS AMERICA*







1 comment:
I love your party idea for a fund-raiser. But did I miss an announcement of your fundraising site?
Congrats on winning the raffles AND for kicking cancer's ASS!
Post a Comment