....kicking their @$$es!
Ya, that's right....seriously, I came in just about 5 seconds before that kid on the right....and about a minute before the Biologist....and I have no idea how long before The Nuclear Physicist because I went to the car to get out of my super wet, muddy shoes.
I sucked in the run...I spent part of April on crutches and coddling my knee from an injury falling on a wet floor at work. I did not run the entire month and then just began running again mid May. BUT....in all strength areas I rocked! Last year I pathetically fell from second ring and into the muddy water pit. The past year I have spent practicing on the monkey bars at school and swinging from the pull up bars at the club. I went over the wooden walls by pulling myself over without help! The last challenge was going up the warp wall, up a cargo net and then DOWN the water slide to the finish line!!
This was taken pre-race....the wall becomes muddy and wet from all the people going up it. I watched a video last night of people attempting to go up the wall. The Captain suggested that I don't take a huge run to go up, but rather take 5 or so large steps and continue going up to grab a hold of the top. I was successful on the first attempt...I had to tell the men on top to let go of my wrists as they were pulling me up and I needed to get my forearms on the wall to get a foothold and pull myself over. The man said, "Good job!" And I said, "Yes...I am 56!" And he answered with, "GO GIRL....so much better than sitting on the couch like my mom!"
*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*RUN A 5K WITH 26 OBSTACLES*



2 comments:
Congrats! You rock!
How did I miss that you fell on a wet floor? I guess being fit and healthy helped speed that recovery along. Congrats on your latest test!
Post a Comment