Then I turned on the single element burner and boiled water for dogs and veggie dogs....it was my Friday Night PTA Fundraiser, "FUN AND HOT DOGS!" And that was what we had....from 5 to 8 they ate and played and played and played. It was 8:25 when I got a ride home...5 minutes shy of a 14 hour day...and yes, I am counting my swim time because I didn't take my 45 minute lunch, instead I set up for the night event.
I came in, put my feet up and drank a lot of water....and ate and am telling myself I am not going to get sick! I feel that head cold that my entire class has...and they haven't mastered mouth covering when coughing...or not nose picking....and although I have used Lysol on the desks and door knobs and light switches all week, it is still a germ fest in my classroom...I had four students out for most of the week....and 3 volunteer moms who couldn't make it due to being sick.
May they all get well this weekend!
GO NINERS!!!!!!!!
*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*IT'S A SUPER WEEKEND*
6 comments:
That's a lot of sickness! I hope they all get well soon and that the germs stay far away from you.
Have a great weekend!
I hear ya sister! EVERYONE is sick and I have been avoiding it until I woke up this morning feeling like I'm next though. Argh!
It's a busy job!
Just catching up on your last handful of posts. I'm moving you right now from my "teacher" list to my regular list. I don't really check the teacher blogs that much anymore since, you know, I'm not teaching! :P
That baby story scared the bejeezus out of me!!
Telling yourself not to get sick works every time. Keep saying it. And may I add, Go Ravens.
I am chuckling a little at the all of the kids getting sick, and I hope I don't get sick myself.
4 years ago, when I taught my first class, I had the privilege of experiencing the day 4 children threw up within the last 2 hours of the day. It was absolutely gross, a strength tester (since my wits were being tested) and a memory I will sadly forget. Oh it was so gross. 1 child got sick during rest, woke up from his nap. The second ran to the bathroom during snack but didnt quite make it. So the entire class of 4 year olds had to escape to the cafeteria. The third child got sick all over her clothes while she was sitting on the bench in the cafeteria. The 4th child got sick outside the school with her mom and grandma.
Yes, I did get the 24 hour virus a day later too. But only because I came in contact (I mean literally in contact on skin) when I was cleaning up child #1
That is a long day indeed....and surely won't help with keeping you healthy. :9
That was a good game....your team almost pulled it off!
Post a Comment