Monday, February 4, 2013

21 is way to young...

to die of cancer...

He was in my first kindergarten class when I moved to this district 16 years ago. He was the same age as my son. In fact, they played on a traveling soccer team for 3 years together. He was a sports nut...in kindergarten he would whip off his Brent Favre #4 jersey so he could copy the name and number in his journal. One morning he came to school early so I let him come in and take the chairs down....and he told me, "This morning my mom peed on a stick and now she's going to have a baby!" I almost fell off the chair I was standing on and tried not to let him see me laughing...of course it was a pregnancy test stick...but I will never forget that. And in the 5th grade vs teacher softball game, this boy who wanted to win so badly, stopped pitching and went over to show a developmentally delayed player on his team how to stand in the batter's box and hold the bat. It was genuine kindness to help when the rest of the team was grumbling that this boy at bat was certainly an out.

I cannot fathom the pain his family feels right now.

F %CK Cancer!

*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*FIND A CURE*

6 comments:

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

I agree! It's terrible no matter what age, but just starting out on his own life... I'm sorry.

ChiTown Girl said...

Oh, sweety, I'm so very sorry.

Yes, F@CK CANCER!!!!

Wendy said...

In 21 short years, he made a difference in this world. It's not fair that other people get to live long enough to shoot up a mall, a store, a school.

Busy Bee Suz said...

That makes me so sad....he sounds like a true gem.
XO

Cindy Dwyer said...

How sad. He sounds like an amazing boy.

Cindy Dwyer said...

How sad. He sounds like an amazing boy.