Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

Two accomplishments:

*New Year's Eve the Captain and I earned our t-shirts in the Winter Warrior program at the SMAC. 30 consecutive days of working out....well, minus Christmas Day because they were closed.
 

*Then year #3 of the New Year's Day Run to End Hunger Run...this is what I get when all the rest of the runners party all night...I get 3rd in my age division.


And now it is time to eat the split pea soup I have been waiting for. I used the ham and bone from the Christmas ham to make some delicious crock pot split soup...and I turned off the crock pot, put the crock on the stove to cool so I could put it in the fridge....and then promptly went to bed- leaving it out all night. So this is round 2 of the split pea soup....had to buy a bone and a slab of ham...but it is smelling soooooo good right now.

HAPPY NEW YEAR MY BLOG FRIENDS
*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH
 HARDER*HAVE A HEALTHY, HAPPY NEW YEAR*

3 comments:

Dana said...

Congrats on your great accomplishments!

I love pea soup. I bet it was delicious!

Wishing you all the best in 2014.

Wendy said...

I hate falling asleep forgetting to put something yummy away. Happy New Year, Marey!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Congrats to you!!!! Hopefully your 2nd round was delish! Happy 2014