Today was a 5K run for a local private school. The upside was the entry fee being only $20 including a t-shirt...even thought the shirts are the basic men's style t-shirt which I have soooo many of and rarely wear so.... The captain has another nice shirt!
Yesterday when I ran my two uphill quarter miles the sun was out...even though it was 9:00 it was too warm for me. But today was overcast and chilly at the 9 a.m. start. This was a very small run....only 55 entrants because the other 100 participants were walking the 1K which began 10 minutes later. When this run began, the youngsters took off and were not to be seen until I was on the home stretch and they were walking to their cars...but besides finishing 45 out of 55 I was proud of my finish time of 28:05....and I could have broke 28 minutes but just into the second mile a boy around 12 who was running with who I think was his sister, fell right in front of me....of course I had to slow, turn around and make sure he was okay....he was and he finished with blood running down his knee!
I was sure I would place....but the age divisions went from 5-9, 10-19 and 20-up....there is no way I can run like a 20 year old!! The last 3/10th of the run was uphill and I felt pretty strong....I guess my last 2 days of hill climbs helped. This makes me eager to want to run more than once a week...I really need to run no less than 3x...but I get lazy, or I swim or do something else....but I want to be strong for the Rugged Mudder in May so I need to keep up the running.
I am sad tonight because my mid-winter break has ended....tomorrow I go back to a very full day starting with Running Club before school and it is my day to lead the routine for 1st/2nd grade warm ups....and a co-worker is out and I made plans for her class also....back to the grind :)
*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*RUN LIKE A GIRL*
4 comments:
Congrats for making another run. Back to the grindstone for sure...5 more weeks until spring break (for me), not that I'm counting. :)
Congrats on the run! I'm quite sure that the uphill portions would kill me. ;)
I hope school goes well this week. It's always so hard to go back. (I wonder if the kids realize that we teachers feel that way, too!)
Congratulations on your finish and for being the good person to check on the fallen runner. When my daughter fell in her first race, people just ran right over her.
You are so awesome to help the little guy out. You should always be proud of your running….you are out there making it happen. :)
Post a Comment