Monday, February 24, 2014

The Day That Wouldn't End

I generally enjoy the first day back to school after a break...but today wasn't one of those days.


A co-worker is out as her mother-in-law is about to pass away...so I said I would make her plans for the week...and when I went to work on Saturday to make copies and clean up from Valentine's Day I set off the alarm...and the alarm wouldn't accept my code....and the police came and checked my ID...(Like I would break into the school to do work?) so I was only able to work in my classroom and not go into the main building.


Soooooo I got to work early to do all of the things I needed to do....I made the copies, set up my room. then got the warm ups CD set because I led warm ups this morning....and then I went to my co-worker's room to set up...it smelled a little when I opened the door...and then I put out the plans, put the spelling on the board and then checked the hamster....which wasn't moving...there was plenty of food and water...it was just old...and dead....and one more thing to deal with....I had to find a bag and a box and get him out before Running Club which was starting in 15 minutes....and the tone for the day was set....although there was nothing else dead to deal with.


I was so exhausted by the end of the day...The Captain picked me up and we went to our friend's post office to mail a package to our Kiwi...there were only 2 people ahead of me in line but the first person in line was mailing A LOT. I waited 15 minutes and decided to leave....we got to the club and I decided to swim over working out inside. That was a great decision because it was a beautiful sunny day and rain is coming on Wednesday....so I got dressed only to find my lock fell apart and wouldn't work...so I had to bring my backpack and purse out to the pool deck.


I am feeling a bit less exhausted after my swim and shower...and I am waiting for my steamed veggies smothered in cheese because....I have a lot to get ready for tomorrow...because, I have to plan for the other class and IT'S THE 100TH DAY OF SCHOOL!!!!!


More fun than I can handle :)


*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*SCHOOL'S A PARTY*

4 comments:

Wendy said...

This should be a movie!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Days like that are horrid….lets hope you don't have another one for at least 300 days!

Dana said...

Ugh. I hope the rest of your week was better.

Unknown said...

I am glad you had cheese to smother upon your vegetables.