The Summer Scamper is a Fun Run to raise money for the hospital. The Biologist and I have run it for the previous two years...this was my 3rd year and the 4th annual run. This is my "giving back" to the hospital that helped save my daughter.
Each time I run now, I am just hoping for a small improvement on my time. I looked up my time from 3 years ago...30:02. I was hurt and Ali finished ahead of me. Last year I was in better condition and finished in 28:54. Last week my Garmin watch died so today I was running without having any idea of my pace. I was frustrated because even though we were to line up by the pace cards with the mile times, walkers and slower runners still blocked the course. I told some walkers 6 abreast to "move it!" I just don't understand why walkers start with the 7 minute milers. Next year I will line up with the faster runners to avoid the walkers and strollers.
At the end I was surprised to see the time on my iPod as 27:00 and even more surprised to see my official time of 26:54 posted at the result wall! I was second in my age group- 50-55...and I was beat by a 50 year old youngster! Just wait til next year...I move up to the next time bracket!
*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*RUN FASTER*
3 comments:
Go YOU! It's interesting to read your perspective about not just your time but the organization of a race and obstacles like strollers and walkers.
Woot! Woot! Congrats. That is a great improvement. I hate walkers who walk 6 across ANYWHERE! And then they don't move when in the way.
You are so funny….and so freaking awesome too. Congratulations, you are just getting better every year!
Post a Comment