BUT I didn't do too badly in my age group....13/123. I ran 9:01 minute miles....damn that crowded start! They did a great job of not letting children start with the top runners....but they needed to also say, NO WALKERS at the front. It sucks trying to run around road boulders! I ran on the cobblestone median for a while just to get around those 4 abreast walkers. So I could have run under 9 per mile if I hadn't dodged all those road boulders and if I hadn't high fived people cheering on the runners, or if I didn't congratulate all the little runners....who were pretty amazing! I still managed to beat the Biologist, but the Nuclear Physicist beat me by 29 seconds...next run....next one I will do better :)Getting ready to whack off my hair....
Here we are at the finish, wanting a pic of us...but my sunglasses arm that's being held together with a paperclip got caught in my hair....and it was crazy trying to get it undone. I think I am going short again....that will make swimming easier....(but I doubt faster :)
It's Parent/Teacher Conference time again...I have been spending most extra moments typing up report cards and waking up on weekend mornings thinking that I have to get to work for conferences....thankfully they are almost over.
I cannot believe it is almost St. Patrick's Day! Time for Green Eggs and Spam. I absolutely LOVE St Patrick's Day....and I am a wee bit Irish so that gives me permission to go all leprechaun crazy at school.
*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*WEAR GREEN AND WATCH OUT
FOR 72 YEAR OLD STUDS*

2 comments:
I thought walkers were sent in their way after the runners. There's just silly for you to have to go around them. I know I'd feel very self conscious of being in the way if I were a walker in a race.
The LA Marathon ws today. The first few finishers were done with the race before I had even gotten out of bed this am. :). Impressive, as usual.
Good luck with conferences. Mine start this Friday and finish
They should always separate the walkers....makes sense to me. Of course, I'm a walker so I'd love to BE out of YOUR way! You and your Daughter look like sisters!!!
Post a Comment