On Tuesday we had a 49er/Gatorade Camp come to our school for a 90 minute session. It was a sunny day but the wind was howling! It was well organized- all I had to do was supply ice, a table and 5 helpers. Our 4 second grades, two 4th grades and one fifth grade participated...we could have 150 kids max. It was a fun, amazing time. The kids got to run over hurdles, hit a dummy, throw the football into a target and run a few drills and catch a spiral.
When it ended I helped clean up and the students were to return to their classrooms- coming from kinder and first, I was worried that I was taking too long and who knows what my students would be up to...but when I looked over at my classroom, there they were in line, waiting for me. Now that doesn't happen in kinder...and not likely in first...but next fall....well I think I will be saying my class is immature.
*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*READ HENRY AND MUDGE BOOKS*
3 comments:
Happy Friday! We're already 29 days in. Wow!
What a FUN day! They are definitely more mature than K and 1. I'm finding this year's group less mature than most I have had too. This was the last class before the Sept 1 bday rule was put into effect. I have 11 kids who are NOT even 7 yet. I'm dying!!
So glad you are enjoying your kiddos. The 49er event sounds like a blast for the kids!
Go ahead, give yourself a good pat-on-the-back. It's a good thing to see your kids are doing what they're supposed to be doing.
Post a Comment