Friday, September 20, 2013

Friday Funny in Room 9

I got up at 5:30 a.m. to swim...and I forgot my make up bag and arrived at work with wet hair only to find out I had morning traffic duty. Uh! I did not have time to re-copy permission slips that needed to go home today...they are now front and back forms and I had only copied the front side.

As I was taking roll, I noticed the moms talking out front of my classroom. I asked a little girl to go outside and ask her mom if she would make me some copies.

The girl came back inside and about 30 seconds later her mother came in. I walked over and asked if she had a few minutes and if she wouldn't mind making 25 copies. Then she smiled and said, "Susie asked if I would go get you coffee!"

We both had a good laugh. First of all I don't know this mom well enough to boss her around like a servant- and secondly, I don't like coffee!

TGIF!
 
*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*GET ME COFFEE*

6 comments:

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Ha ha ha! That's so cute.

Busy Bee Suz said...

That is SO funny.....the Mom must have thought you were crazy for a minute there. :)

Wendy said...

Ha -- I think that mom is gonna love you!

ChiTown Girl said...

Oh my holy hell, that's funny!!!!

It took me a minute to realize Susie said "coffee" instead of "copies." I thought you were going to say the mom said that because you had wet hair and no makeup on, and Susie thought you needed coffee. =)

Cindy Dwyer said...

Hahahaha. So funny. Hope your day went better from there.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad it's not just me that has days like these! Love the 'copies'-'coffee' mistake, kids say such funny things, I love it!