Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Happy Birthday Johnny

He was born 239 years ago that John Chapman....right when the apples were ripe for pickin'. And that means celebrating with applesauce makin' in kindergarten- along with graphing and counting and eating applesauce of course. In first grade you can get away with it too...but by second, well that's when I had to get a little sophisticated.


 I went shopping...and we did a taste test...

 And we did a little recording and adjective work....

And we tasted and tasted until the apples were all gone.And then we used the apple-corer thingy to core and peel more Fuji apples.
Then we topped off the day with "The Legend of Johnny Appleseed" film circa 1948!

Then the kids wrote the best bios on Johnny Appleseed I have ever read.

*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*AN APPLE A DAY KEEPS 
THE TEACHER FULL*

6 comments:

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Wow! So grown up! :). I love apple time!

Anonymous said...

Ah, that sounds so fun - I love making things with the kids and special theme days etc.

Busy Bee Suz said...

What a fun learning event....and yummy too! I remember when my girls did something similar to this in school; they LOVED it! You are awesome.
XO

Unknown said...

You are the best teacher ever. Even us old people learn a whole lot from you.

ChiTown Girl said...

STOP making me miss my job!!!

xoxox

Wendy said...

Wonderfully creative. I bet your classroom smelled good too.