Saturday, October 19, 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Happy almost Birthday to me...this year my school birthday falls on Halloween! Last year it was Valentine's Day!

I grew tired of my birthday at the end of April when Open House, report cards and teacher Appreciation Day all run together with Mother's Day....so I decided, there's no law about changing my work birthday...should have done it years ago! So last year, my birthday conveniently coincided with Valentine's Day and one party day! This year Halloween is the day of choice and my party is part of another. Technically I did have 2 birthdays this year....but the great thing is, I take my real birthday off work and the students don't get cheated out of not celebrating with me...which is a big deal when you are 7 or 8.

*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*CELEBRATE YOUR 
BIRTHDAY...REAL OR NOT*

4 comments:

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Such a difference in schools. My kids barely know when it's their bday let alone mine. How nice they celebrate with you. And what a clever way to handle it. I've never thought about taking the day off. I think that will be my new tradition...next year. :)
Happy almost-not really birthday!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Marey! I love that you posted this on someone else's real birthday.
Good luck on your race today!

Teacher-Mom said...

Well, A very Happy un-birthday to you and I think for my birthday I shall let my whole class have it off! Yeah, it's in the summer;)

Wendy said...

A "work birthday" - that's a new one. I wonder if it'll catch on. Happy Birthday, belated or NOT.