| Auckland- Day 1 |
New Zealand is awesome!
Driving on the wrong side of the road was pretty cool too...except round-abouts are a little scary....there are very few intersections as we know them. And bridges...most are one lane- not one lane each way- one stinking way. There is a sing posted telling you whether to "Give Way" or not....which is Kiwi for "Yield."
"Piss" is beer, a bakery is where you get lunch- the most delicious meat pies or quiche ever...a dairy is a convenience store and chips are French Fries...unless of course you buy them in a bag....then they are chips...(potato chips.)
And seeven is 7 and teen is 10...and the people are friendly and there are no snakes or squirrels!
There are the most magnificent rainbows and the Olympic coverage rocks! There are no pennies or nickels...they just round up or down to the nearest 10 cent.....and there is no sales tax.
Alcohol costs A LOT. Almost everything costs a lot....except for a kiwi fruit I got for 14 cents...that was the bargain of the trip.
New Zealand Air is by far the best airline ever. Included in your ticket price you get one carry on and one stowed bag up to 50 pounds...(22 kilos) and all your meals and drinks- even spirits, beer and wine- are free! The flight attendants are all in cute uniforms and are very, very kind. I wish N.Z. Air flew in the states!
I will blog all 20 days as soon as I get it together...after all I had 2 Wednesdays this week due to crossing the International Date Line.
*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*
LAUGH HARDER*NEW ZEALAND ROCKS*SUMMER ENDING SUCKS*
10 comments:
I am so excited to hear all about it : )
Can't wait!
Looking forward to hearing about everything!
Welcome home, my friend! I can't wait to hear all about the trip.
Oh I just love it! Can't wait to hear more.
Was it hard to drink beer when you had to call is piss? :)
Welcome home. Can't wait to hear all about it and see pictures.
No snakes? REALLY?
Sounds wonderful...can't wait to get all the details.
Welcome home!
No squirrels?? They're welcome to all of those hairy rats in my yard. I'm glad you had a wonderful trip. Looking forward to hearing more.
This made me giggle - loads of these are true in England too (roundabouts for one...chips/crisps for another...not sure I'sd fancy a glass of piss though :s (although we do say we're pissed to mean we're drunk) Glad you had a good time, and you're right - that does sound like th best airline ever!
Sounds like an awesome trip!
Oh, this sounds like a dream trip! Looking forward to more posts about it!
Post a Comment