A sequel to the LMNOP Blog...that ran out of photo space....everything here is true- except for the stuff I made up.
Sunday, August 12, 2012
Happy Monday here. Watching the closing ceremonies of the Olympics. If you really want to watch the Olympics and not commercials or "meet the athlete" infomercials then head out of the U.S. for some real TV coverage. I would suggest Canada, New Zealand, Australia or England...either the government channels show the Olympics with no commercials- like the BBC, or here, five prime channels show live, yesterday and last night's coverage.
I have watched events I never knew were in the olympics...and I watched every athlete from every country who sent one to participate in the men's decathlon! Being a track athlete from way back, this was a treat....to see each participant no matter how well their performance. And the best part is, that other countries actually celebrate 19th place. We were in Invercargill when New Zealand's rowers won the gold...the town was crazy- a nation with as many people as the city of Los Angeles won 13 medals....and their 100th medal in the modern Olympics.
Now to chose which country to visit in 4 years :)
*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER**LAUGH HARDER*CHEERS TO ALL THE ATHLETES FROM EVERY COUNTRY*HERE'S TO REAL OLYMPIC COVERAGE*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow! What a treat. Simuch better than the overly hyped stuff we get in the states.
I have often wondered what other countries get to see. A world without commercials -- I didn't know it was possible!
I live in Oregon and unfortunately the commercials were flowing...I enjoyed all the Olympic events I was able to see!
Post a Comment