But anyways, there were no crying kids- I didn't have to peel one student out of their parents arms- I didn't have to reassure parents that their child would not cry all day...(if they do I will call you if they are still crying in an hour,) and I didn't have any parents hanging out peeking in the window. The kids came in and got to work...and were as cute as could be. Most of the students I had last year so they were all hugs and smiles. And at the end of the day I swam 3/4ths a mile and ran a mile...instead of taking a post Kindergarten nap!
New Zealand? Well I will get to the photos someday...and I have run out of photo space again...so it's new blog time. But I did bring kiwis to eat for snack today.
*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*EAT SOME KIWI*ENJOY A
GRADE LEVEL SWITCH*
7 comments:
Sounds like you had a great day! Hope the second day is just as good. :)
Oh good! I'm so glad it was a great day. I couldn't do it (or K for that matter), but I'm sure having them be that much more mature was a lot of fun.
Sounds like first grade is a winner!!!! Glad all is well.
And yeah. where are the photos?? I can't believe you ran out of room so fast. I finally out of space last year and bought more for 5$. It appears that will get me several more years.
Sounds great M. I am sure the parents were also at ease since you knew most of their babies from last year in kindergarten. This always helps.
Oh and by the way, my mother was 1 of those peeking parents who looked through the window when I STARTED first grade.
: )
Plus, I need to mention 10 years later, she became a teacher herself for mostly second and third graders (She taught first grade for 3 years but she prefers 8 and 9 year olds).
Such a cute age. Glad you're loving it so far.
Nice that you had the energy to swim!
Glad that your days are going well with First Graders...that is awesome you still had the energy to swim...blessings and hugs my friend
Post a Comment