Saturday, May 25, 2013

31 Years

Memorial weekend waaaay back in 1982, the Captain and I got married. 31 years ago...but our actual anniversary falls on Wednesday this year. I pulled this post from my LMNOP blog from 4 years ago since that blog has most posts in draft form, I decided to share here.

My mother- who did not have a formal wedding, and was married right after WWII, commandeered my wedding as her own. I did not have a hand in planning- except for the dress which I absolutely loved then- (GHAK!! I still fit in the hideous thing!) and I have told my children they will get to plan their own weddings and I will gladly help :)

May 29, 2009

  It was 31 years ago today...Sgt Pepper taught the band to play that the Captain and I got hitched!


...to think that the Captain was the age that Daughter #1 is when we got married...just turned 22, is a little frightening...
We weren't allowed to take pictures in the church during the ceremony...so we had to stage the photos afterwards....this is one the photographer got away with!

Our dog, Uncle Wally was supposed to wait in the truck...dressed for the occasion in his white collar and tie of course...but he was not happy waiting in the truck...so he jumped out and met us as we exited the church- he was a good boy and knew he should not go inside. He even came with us on our Honeymoon!

*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*LAUGH HARDER*
CELEBRATE 31 YEARS*

5 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

Happy, happy Anniversary, my friend!!!

Wendy said...

Happy Anniversary!! I still fit in my veil. My mom planned my wedding too, but that's how it was then. (and by the way, ONLY 31? You're an amateur LOL - I'm looking at 40 in August. OMG!!!!!)

Busy Bee Suz said...

Happy anniversary to you both! May your love for each other be an inspiration for you kiddos.....as I know it will.
I seem to recall you saying before that your Mom planned your entire wedding.....that is kinda funny. (maybe not to you?)
My Mom lived in another state and had NO hand in the planning of mine. LOL.
We celebrated #22 yesterday. Wishing you all a great weekend!
xoxox

Cindy Dwyer said...

So happy for you! You both looked radiant.

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Happy Anniversary! Love the pictures. I hope you had a wonderful long weekeng celebrating.