Wednesday, May 1, 2013

May Day

This morning 25 first graders and 29 fifth graders carried the colorful pots they decorated with petunias inside and knocked on the doors of neighborhood houses on the street leading to our school. If the neighbors answered the door, the children shouted "HAPPY MAY DAY!" 




If the neighbors were not home, they returned home to find the beautiful decorated pot of flowers on their porch. This tradition was school-wide at my old school and done by a few classes at the first school I worked at many moons ago. So of course it must continue at my new school.

*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*HAPPY MAY DAY!*

4 comments:

Teacher-Mom said...

Kiddos love to spread cheer! I just might have to start this little tradition at my school. Thanks for the idea!

Wendy said...

Oh that's so cute. I'm sure next year neighbors are going to be sure to be home on May 1. Who would want to miss that?

Busy Bee Suz said...

I love this....so sweet of you to instill this tradition with the kiddos!

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Love it!!! Did I miss something? Are you moving schools again?