We usually ride the 62 miler...but we have friends coming over and we needed to get home...so we opted for the 31 miler. Good move on our part- It wasn't crowded at the finish and for the first time, I got the correct size t-shirt...usually everyone who does the shorter rides take all the size small shirts....and I get stuck with a men's medium or an XL- even though I put down a small on my entry form. There were lots of freebies from the vendors and they hadn't run out of tri tip sandwiches at the food booth.
This ride benefits the county parks and is my 5th year participating. One area of the ride was through an area closed to cars on Sundays which is sponsored by the parks...so we had the entire road to ourselves. Another part of the ride was through Sawyer Camp Trail along the reservoir, which is for bike or foot traffic only BUT for today was closed to the public and open only for the riders...so we didn't have to worry about pedestrians or cyclists coming the opposite direction. The bonus is that I am not tired like I would be if I rode the 62 miles.
*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER* RIDE THE RIDE*

3 comments:
Yay you! And your compadre there...very good taste in bands!
That is awesome...glad you got your shirt and sammy!
Sounds like a great way to spend the day -- especially if you got a sandwich AND the right size shirt. YAY!
Post a Comment