Sunday, August 11, 2013

Oakland, Denver, Phillie and Newark

I airport hopped today...Phillie wasn't in the plans, but what the heck...I have never been to Pennsylvania so why not cross that state off my list?! 

As we approached Newark, 30 minutes early the radar went out for all New York Airports. We circled...and circled until we were out of fuel....so we went to Phillie, landed, got fueled up and headed back to Newark. 

Loooong day. I am at the hostel now and boy I got some looks....like...what is that old lady doing here? But for $50 in New York City, right near Columbia....I am doing the same thing they are...N.Y. on the cheap!

*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*AIRPORT HOPPING IS NOT 
ALL IT IS CRACKED UP TO BE*

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You were in Philly and you didn't call me? WHAT! I would have let you stay at my house for free : )
Seriously.
Call me next time.
267-772-0685
Love, Becky

M said...

Becky...I did think of you! But we couldn't get off the plane except for one couple who had only carry -on and lived in Philly...lucky dogs :) I just text you...I hope it's your cell.

Busy Bee Suz said...

I'm glad you were able to land prior to REALLY being out of fuel!!!
So, the kids are hostile at the hostel? Fitting.

Wendy said...

I stayed in a couple hostels in Italy -- nothing else can make you feel so old. HA -- oh well.