Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Ready, Set.....

                            .... BACK TO SCHOOL      NO!    GO ON VACATION!!

It feels like summer is just beginning for me....Sunday I leave for New York. I will spend a week at Columbia University's Teacher's College for the Reading Institute. I am soooo excited.

When it ends on Friday, I will meet up with The Captain at a hotel. I am sure I will be ready for our own room after staying in a hostel all week. On Saturday we have tickets to the CROWN of the Statue of Liberty and then we will take in a Broadway show that night. Then on Sunday we will take Amtrak to Niagara Falls in Ontario. That is what we have planned so far....and our return tickets. We will be home for two days and then we will leave for backpacking on Santa Cruz Island, in Channel Island National Park.

School does not begin for kids until September 11, due to the remodeling of all the schools. I am sooooo enjoying this long summer. All my bloggy friends are getting their classrooms ready and I am going on vacation! I am sure I will be posting a different version of this next June when everyone is out of school and I am still working until JUNE 25!! But for now I will enjoy my summer.

I usually don't post my vacation plans but we have people staying at our house and taking care of the animals...so if you planned to steal my Pez collection you'll have to try another time.

Today I finished canning the last of the salsa thanks to a friend for bringing me a ton of tomatoes! I also canned tomatoes with basil and garlic when I ran out of the rest of the peppers and celantro....that will make for some great spaghetti sauce and chili! I just wish I had apricots to make jam.


*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER* ENJOY THE LONG SUMMER*

7 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

It all sounds like so much fun!!

Safe travels, my friend. I can't wait to hear all about it!

xoxox

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Oh wow! What a great long summer. Sadly, I'm a week away from starting. But as you said, late June will be rough. Been there, done that. :)
Have a great vacation! When I was in Oxnard earlier this month, it was so gorgeous and clear we could see the islands. One of these days I'm going to get over there.

Teacher-Mom said...

Can I stowaway in your backpack? Have fun and learn lots!

Cindy Dwyer said...

LOL! I guess I'll have to keep my eyes out for someone else's Pez collection. I'm retroactively posting about last week's vacation for the same reason.

Busy Bee Suz said...

I'm digging your summer plans....I hope you enjoy every minute of it.
Snap....I was so going to swipe your pez collection!
Safe travels.
XO

Natalie said...

Bon voyage!!!

Unknown said...

I am glad you are on a great vacation! I love that you do so many fun things. You are an inspiration to me!