Thursday, May 8, 2014

25 Anniversary of National Bike to Work Day

And I have ridden for 15 of them....I think....that's the earliest date on the bike bag that they give away each year....that was stuffed in the back of my car now that the county I live in doesn't allow grocery stores (or any store,) to give out bags.

AND the highlight of the day was that my class WON the Walk/Ride to School contest with the most students NOT coming to school by car. We get to keep THE GOLDEN SNEAKER AWARD and everyone got a mini fold up Frisbee.

*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*RIDE OR WALK TO WORK*

2 comments:

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Wow great job! I live at the top of a very steep hill, so I don't even have a bike. I love that your kids won that award! Congrats!

Wendy said...

Congratulations to you and your class and to the parents who didn't drive their kids to school that day. We live 2 blocks from the middle school, through which is a short walk to the elementary and high schools, but did my girls ever walk to school??? Heck no. Lazy Princesses! (Maybe those darn backpacks full of books are to blame, I don't know.)