Sunday, May 11, 2014

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

Every woman is a mom...it's your day...whether you have children, or you teach them, have pets or plants we all nurture in some way...so Happy Mother's Day to all my lady friends.


Today was an awesome day... I picked up The Captain from the airport last night...he was gone for 10 days...enough of watching whatever I wanted on TV, sleeping in the middle of the bed, leaving my clothes on the floor and dishes everywhere and eating when and whatever I wanted...it is nice to have him back :)


We slept in and I went to run the local 10K route....only I couldn't remember which street to turn on so I ended up running 3/10ths of a mile too little. Then The Captain and I went to get breakfast at our little dive bar...I had a wonderful omelet and a mimosa...and the dog ate what was left of my food because there was waaaaay too much. Then, my gift to myself for Mother's Day was a half hour session with a trainer at the club to work on my legs to improve my kick. I was charged for a half hour when I signed up, even though I was sure I was supposed to get 30 minutes free....so when I got there to day, the trainer said I shouldn't have been charged but she would offer me an hour's worth.....yay! SO for 1 hour she showed me a ton of leg exercises to do and had me do them. Then I worked out my upper body and showered. Then I stopped by my classroom to check on the duck eggs in the incubator- thankfully so as the humidity was too low- and also to feed the 4 silkworms who are very slow at forming cocoons....all the others spun weeks ago.


We walked the dog and now I am just chilling on the computer until a BBQ dinner. My sewing machine is warming up and I will end my wonderful Mother's Day doing one more thing I love to do.


I hope you had a wonderful day too!


*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*LOVE YOUR MOM*

3 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

Seriously, you should be doing commercials for: "This is what I get done in a day…what do you do?"
I love your energy.
So glad The Captain is back home where he belongs. :)
Happy mothers day to you my friend and you are right…..every woman is a mother!
XO

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Sounds like a great day! Happy mother's day (belated).

Wendy said...

A belated Happy Mother's Day to you too. On Mother's Day I flew to Savannah to spend the week with my daughter and her family, helping them settle in a house after moving out of a cramped apartment. For me it felt like "Mother's Day Week" since I didn't have to cook.