Saturday, August 23, 2014

Grants and Obstacles

It was like Christmas!!
The Biologist and I got up at 6 a.m. to drive to a Target store up the peninsula....we arrived early so there was time to fool around....see, we got up early on a Saturday to receive a $200 gift card to target for teaching supplies! We both applied and we both got accepted! PLUS...the bonus was it was all tax free!
And they even had a food truck that made breakfast for us! (Don't my shorts look funny full of my keys and glasses....all pokey-outie!)


Here's all the stuff I bought!! I only spent $3.47 of my own money...I am so excited about all those books :)

BUT there's more...as soon as we got home we changed into our ROC Race running gear and headed to San Jose...to the Santa Clara Fairgrounds. There we had an 11a.m. wave to do this.....



It is a 5K obstacle course run....there are slides and monkey bars, silly big balls that knock you into a pool of water...and just plain silliness.

Here are 4 of us beforehand....
I wore my GO Pro and haven't gotten it uploaded yet....
Here we are after...there were 9 of us ....
 My daughter and her friends...I cannot convince their moms to participate...so I am the only "old" person tagging along...BUT I had a BLAST! And actually ran ahead of them so I could get them on the GO PRO as they went through the obstacles...AND...my PR...I made it across the monkey bars without dropping...so did the Biologist!

*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*ROC THE RACE*

4 comments:

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Woot! Woot! Shopping and a race? You had a busy day. I think I'd prefer the shopping, but it looks like you had fun!
You're starting this next week? If I am correct, have a great one.

Wendy said...

Now that's a full day. The race sounds a bit like that crazy tv show "Wipeout." I wonder if there's anything like that race on this side of the country -- I'm sure it would be a hit.

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

I hope you are ok after the earthquake...please let us know!

ChiTown Girl said...

Woo hoo!! Congrats on the bonanza!

Hope your school year rocks.

xoxox