Saturday, August 30, 2014

Ring Pillow and Wedding

I promised a ring pillow for the wedding....way back when they became engaged last year. I knew I would have time this summer....but after my chaotic summer, the pillow had not been sewn. Nor had the fabric been purchased. Time kept ticking until 3 days before the wedding.
I spent Tuesday night on the embroidery. Wednesday night sewing the pillow together and Thursday night sewing on the "diamonds" and ribbons. The wedding was Friday at 5:00.

I left work at 11:30, got home and got the car loaded and we were on the road before noon. AND we hit traffic...lots of it....I was sooooo tired from the first week of school and no sleep and sewing...and all the work I do since The Captain cannot. It was about 130 miles to Forest Hill...near Auburn. 


But the pillow was sewn....and we arrived at 3:50. I think it turned out lovely and so was the wedding.

The ribbon on the back was for the ring bearer to slip his hands through to hold the pillow. The little "diamonds," ($28 worth,) were sewn by hand and a loop of thread went around each and every one. This is around the 6th one I have sewn but is by far my favorite.

*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*ENJOY A WEDDING*

2 comments:

Wendy said...

It is indeed a beautiful pillow. It would make a neat heirloom to pass along to the children to use at their wedding, and then to the grandkids for their weddings. However, had I been the bride, I would have been a nervous wreck wondering if the pillow would make it in time.

ChiTown Girl said...

Beautiful! I'm always so impressed with your handiwork.