Monday, August 4, 2014

One Month

One month post emergency open heart surgery for the ruptured aortic aneurysm, stroke, 13 day ICU stint and 23 total days of hospitalization/rehab was celebrated with 4 good friends at the Bone Bash XV concert at Shoreline.
I got the tickets from my district's big fundraiser in the silent auction back in April. Up until a few days before I was still unsure we would be able to go...just navigating the crowds was my fear and The Captain was anxious about it too....but we made it. Boston, The Doobies and a guy from the Eagles entertained us well.

Now my mother-in-law has left after a week's visit, friends are all back home and it is just a few days until The Botanist returns to N. Zed.....I will miss her dearly.

Then Back to School for me....I officially had 2 days of summer vacation before the Sh#@T hit the fan.

*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*ONE MONTH OUT AND LIFE IS GOOD*

5 comments:

Wendy said...

He's up and out? Miraculous! Life is INDEED GOOD! A big collective sigh as life returns to an even pace.

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

What a fun night out! Great bands and greatly deserved. You need a vacation from your vacation! So thankful all is moving in the right direction.

Dana said...

I had no idea about all the stuff you all are going through. I'm so glad things are going better now. *hugs*

Busy Bee Suz said...

Yep, you've had a crazy summer. I'm SOOOOO glad your husband is better and was able to join in the festivities. I hope he is taking it easy! xoxo

ChiTown Girl said...

What a blessing!! I'm sorry you had such a craptastic summer vacation, but I'm so happy your hubby is on the mend.

xoxox