Sunday, November 4, 2012


I have never spent $170 on shoes before. And I wouldn't have on these....even though they are really cool!

 
But I won up to $160 in Aasics shoes in last month's Road Runner Running Store's 3rd Thursday fUn RuN....for my Sponge Bob Lincecum costume. So today I went to redeem my coupon for shoes and I saw these wild Aasics...and I asked if I could pay the $10 difference and they said, "No problem, we will give them to you!!!!"

I usually run in whatever Nike is on clearance. I really don't care what color but I do use the Nike + shoe so I can put the chip in the shoe which hooks up to my iPod and lets me know how far I run...and records it on the Nike site afterwards. But I must say, I can sure tell the difference in these expensive shoes. Just the right amount of cushion and the support I need on my outer right foot where I broke it in college. I can't wait to show the kids at Running Club tomorrow morning!
 
*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*RUN IN WILD SHOES*

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Holy cow. I love these shoes! I think you are so amazing at what you do.
Running.
Teaching.
Momming : )
Thanks for being a good example for me.

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Those are spectacular! I tend to buy the on sale Addidas, but whenever I do splurge a litte, my feet thank me.

Wendy said...

There's a reason expensive shoes are expensive. If you're going to invest time in a sport (like running), you should invest in the right equipment for your own health and protection. Good for you winning that gift certificate.

Dana said...

Great shoes! :)

I sprained my ankle a few weeks ago because I tried to pick up my 42-pound son while standing on soft ground and wearing five-inch wedges. Ouch!

I love shoes but don't always make the best choices. ;)

Natalie said...

I saw those online! I covet them!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Those are the coolest shoes ever. I'm so glad you 'got' them for that price....awesome!