Sunday, November 11, 2012

Running With the Jets

It was 43 degrees this morning when Daughter #1 and I took off for the run at Coyote Point...I know that is not even close for my midwest and east coast friends, but that is cold for here....it was clear which is unusual for the bay near the San Francisco Airport- hence, Running with the jets- as they take off and land parallel to the run.

Daughter #1 realized she had left her sunglasses when we were about to the freeway and didn't want to go back...so being the nice mom that I am, I let her use mine....I was only doing the 5K and she was doing a half marathon....so she would be running into the sun for way more miles than I would be.

It was a nice, flat run along the edge of the bay and the perfect weather. I felt a little yucky but at least my back wasn't sore...I just wanted to break 30 minutes, which I did, but I would have taken 4th in my age group had I not had to stop to tie my shoes TWO TIMES! I sure wish I had felt better so I could have run faster. Then I visited with a student from my running club, a former boy I had coached in soccer years ago and then headed down the trail to run the last bit with daughter #1....I ran about 1/4 mile with her then cut across the park to get her photo at the finish line.

Now home to work on report cards and drink Tylenol sore throat cure!

*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*RUN WITH THE JETS*

5 comments:

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Were those new shoes the ones that needed to be tied...twice?
Good luck with report cards. Mine are done as this week is our last week before fall/tg break. They go home on Wed.

M said...

Nope...the new shoes are wild...and not Nikes...I have to run in Nikes in order to use the chip to track my miles with my iPod. Turns out I missed 3rd place by 20 seconds!!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Dang shoe laces!!! So cool that you can run with your former students....you are so popular. :)

Wendy said...

I love the sound of jets taking off. Running alongside must have made you feel like Maverick on his motorcycle in "Top Gun."

Dana said...

Hope you're feeling well now! Have a nice weekend.