Thursday, November 1, 2012

1,000 Jack-o-lanterns and Screaming Like Wuss!

As I was rubbing my calloused hands this morning, I pondered the HGTV show I briefly caught where two towns were trying to set a Guinness Book World Records for most carved pumpkins and most carved lighted pumpkins. There were thousands and thousands and although not on my bucket list, I have had my hand in carving well over 1,000 pumpkins....at least in cutting off the tops and helping pull the toughest pulp out of the insides....and poking out the triangles and circles out of the thickest pumpkin faces.

27 years of Jack-o-lantern carving, plus 3 of my kids times 15 years....and well, there it is....A LOT of Jacks!

This morning after pondering calloused hands and Jack-o-lanterns, I headed to work. I got in before the janitor and after disarming Sonitrol, I walked into the wing where my classroom is and a GIANT RAT ran past. I was startled...then I decided, since it ran into the doorway and hid behind some big Rubbermaid tubs, that I would take one and turn it over to trap the rat. I carefully got one bin, and then moved the other bin with my foot, expecting it to run to my right. BUT the GIANT rat ran to the left... AND I SCREAMED LIKE A WUSS! SO LOUDLY THAT THE JANITOR WHO JUST ARRIVED TO WORK HEARD ME OUTSIDE THE BUILDING! Damn rat got away.

*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*TRY TO
TRAP A RAT*SCREAM LIKE A WUSS*

4 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

OH MY FREAKIN HELL!!

I would NEVER be able to work in that building. You are my hero. Or, you're just nuts. I can't decide!

xoxox

Shannon @I Survived and Now I Run said...

Ha ha ha...that would freak me out for sure...wow..talk about a heart stopping moment! Also...I have decided to write a series of blog posts about being thankful..for the month of November...I am trying to start a "Count your many blessings" movement within the blogging community...I will post on Sunday the 4th for Nov. 1-4 then next week 5-11 and so on...are ya with me? Pass it along either way, blessings and hugs! Link back to me if you could, or want!

Wendy said...

You're to be commended for even trying to catch a rat. Scream on!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Nothing like a huge running rodent to start your day! Egggaddds!