Monday, March 18, 2013

Darn Leprechauns!

Today was the day I dread...the day after St. Patrick's Day...when the kids can't wait to get into the classroom to see if they caught a Leprechaun!! But alas, not a wee Leprechaun was to be found...just tripped traps, stolen loot and a note to find his missing hat...oh- and he left a gold coin and a chocolate covered coin in each trap - Just one problem...the gold chocolate coins I bought just for this occasion, were hidden in my desk...and mice got to a few of them!

Ghak!

The Green Eggs and Spam pan was waiting for me to clean...the inside of the eggs were really GREEN...I took the syringes from when Daughter #1 was a diabetic (due to chemo,) and made a pinhole in the egg shell and shot in a syringe full of green food coloring! Imagine the excitement when the cracked egg was broken into the bowl and it was GREEN! And imagine that I had the kids the rest of the day all hyped.

Until next year....see ya Leprechaun and your foolishness!

*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*KISS ME I'M IRISH*

7 comments:

Dana said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! The kids in your classroom must have a blast. :)

Michelle said...

Injecting the eggs-great idea! Mice....not so much. :)

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Sooo cute! I've never heard of the syringe in the egg before cracking either. Wow! What a surprise!

Shannon @I Survived and Now I Run said...

The syringe idea is great! Blessings!

Cindy Dwyer said...

How excited your kids must have been. Even if they didn't catch anything, to see the "evidence" that leprechauns were there must have sparked many a conversation around the dinner table.

Wendy said...

What fun for a Monday morning! Yeah - you love it!

Editor and Publisher Shelly Burke said...

LOVE the idea of making green eggs! I can tell you're a really fun teacher.

Came across your blog for the A to Z Challenge and will be following! Looking forward to it.

I'm blogging at www.nebraskafamilytimes.blogspot.com and www.achristianmomsguide.blogspot.com.