Friday, March 1, 2013

READ ACROSS MY CLASSROOM

I got to work at 6:15 to set up...to celebrate Dr. Seuss' birthday, known in the school world as Read Across America. The kids who were in my kindergarten class last year were looking forward to today...and although I had not planned to wear pajamas, on Thursday afternoon the kids insisted. So we voted and 23-1 it was decided....and I was very comfortable today.

I got permission to bring our foster dog as a "reading dog." She loved being in the classroom with children...she has only been to my school on weekends and knows her way throughout the building but she was blown away when the students showed up..and they loved her to death. She was read to many, many times today.

I had a packing meeting at lunch and I had morning snack duty so I had no break in teh school day...so by 3:15 I was more than ready to leave...I packed up and took the dog to meet The Captain at the vista point...he was there but had forgotten my workout bag...so instead of swimming we came home...and I promptly rested with my feet up. That makes tomorrow a run and swim day...so I am off to sleep.

*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*HAPPY BIRTHDAY DR. SEUSS* 


5 comments:

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Oh I love RAA week. The best week ever. What's a packing meeting? Are you moving?
How fun to bring the dog. I bet the kids lived it.
Enjoy your weekend.

Dana said...

That sounds like a fun day for the kids. Glad you got some relaxation time.

Happy Saturday. ☺

ChiTown Girl said...

Like I said before, I miss doing the Read Across America thing with my babies. Sadly, I don't miss it enough to go back. At least not right now. =(

I'm glad you took a day to rest. You certainly deserved it!

Wendy said...

If you were already in your pjs, that was the perfect way to end the day.

Busy Bee Suz said...

You do stay busy girl! The wearing PJ's to school must be a fun break for all involved. Your foster pup is oh-so-lucky!
XO