In kindergarten for the past 16 years, parent conferences were in November and May...now that I have graduated to 1st, parent conferences are in November and March. I do like that so the end of the year is not so hectic BUT, pile on packing up my entire classroom to go to storage is insane....along with reading assessments and report cards...I have reached the point where weekends and evenings are getting eaten up with work details.
On top of that, I have no idea what or where I will be teaching. There will only be 3 first grades next year and I am the 4th teacher...just like what happened to me last year as the 4th K teacher...so I pack up boxes of things I used in fall and winter and label them only with my last name...and hope that all 100+ boxes will make it to whatever room and whatever school I happen to move to.
Life is good in my old classroom despite the leaking roof and mice. It is a shame it will be remodeled into a room with built ins with no choice of how to set up. Right now I have no cabinets or built in anythings and I can arrange it however I please....plus my new SMART BOARD is so so cool! I am so lucky to have taught in this room for 2 years...I am hoping not to have to go into the portable with the windows that only open 3" and one door...I will feel like a caged animal. I will miss the sunrise over the trees and the view of the bay....and these little children who I have taught for two years in a row...who came to me, some not knowing letters and now benchmarking in reading!
*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*I AM ONE LUCKY GIRL*
5 comments:
Wait, your windows open?!?! Isn't it interesting that the things the "experts" do to keep us safe and healthier and modern tend to make us feel like we are in a lab or a prison rather than a classroom. I have four 10 ft. windows in my room and not a one opens.
I'm so sorry that you are having uncertaintity about next year. That's got to be an unsettling feeling. When will you have an idea?
I hope you hear soon.
And ya, this time of year is CRAZY. I have parent teacher conferences beginning on Friday and then next Thursday night. It always seems like things are due, meetings are planned, etc. all at the same time as rc/ptc. I feel like my head is spinning this week! Good luck!
not sure how it works in California and in your school district, but dont you have some seniority over room change and more grade changes?
Seems like you should have first choice, but then again you are my favorite teacher. :)
Wishing you all the best.....and I hate that your weekends and nights are eaten up with work. XO
I wouldn't want to be cooped up like that either. I hope you end up getting your choice of room.
Happy weekend. ☺
The green egs idea is fantastic!! My little one would love it!
Hugs!
Valerie Nunez and the Flying Platypi
Post a Comment