Monday, June 17, 2013

Eric Carle Camp

Today was the first day of Eric Carle Camp- Club Ed. I had 6 students on my roster on Friday and this morning had 11. Good thing I bought extra snacks :) 

Coming off a loooong week last week where I got very little sleep- due to:
*Report cards
*Moving my classroom- complicated by the speech teacher who was "working" and didn't pack up her things so I could move in...until Friday WHEN EVERYTHING I OWNED HAD TO BE OUT OF MY OLD CLASSROOM!!!!

*Student awards

*Silly awards
*Completing embroidered towels for every volunteer mom/dad in my class.
*Writing thank you notes for each mom/dad who volunteered.
*Copying off worksheets for summer letters that I send to students- 5 over the summer.
*AND collecting items that had to be moved to my garage for the Teacher's Rummage sale that I do in August and do as a fundraiser for Camp Olizu- a cancer camp for children.

My mind did not spontaneously combust and I survived.

Last night was Trivia Night a little pub and THE LAND SHARKS won one round...GO TEAM! Then we walked home and I got things ready to bring to my classroom...today we made Very Hungry Caterpillar scenes...which turned out very well.

4 more days of camp :)

*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*SUMMER VACATION IS HERE*

 



4 comments:

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Oh! What is Eric Carle camp? Are you making collage animals? My favorite art project ever.

Wendy said...

That sounds like a GOOD kind of week. Recognizing students and volunteers always left me feeling proud and happy.

ChiTown Girl said...

You are a machine! I'm exhausted just READING this post!!

Now that I've been home for a year, I often wonder how the hell I did it all when I was working. Especially when I was working 90+ hours a week at 3 different jobs!

I gotta say, I much prefer my "retired" life. At least for now. I'm still waiting for the boredom to set in, but it just hasn't. Although, I do have a certain little Monkey who keeps me busy. As a matter of fact, I think she just woke up from her nap... =)

Dana said...

It sounds like you've been busy!

Eric Carle came sounds wonderful, something my kids would just love.

I hope you have a fantastic summer vacation.