Saturday, June 29, 2013

SuMmEr

SuMmEr...finally!
Lots of sun...over 100 degrees in fact. No more camp...or moving children 230 miles from storage to new house...dental appointments finished...kiwi boyfriend flew back to N. Zed last night...and Daughter #2 will fly down there in 6 weeks for another year on a Work/travel visa....so for now it is just time to do whatever I want for 2 weeks until we climb HALF DOME!! 

I am excited! I applied for permits way back in February...and when I got the dates, July 17 seemed so far away. It is the first of our summer adventures. Now if the weather just complies we will make it to the top...me, The Captain, Daughters #1 and 2 and two friends. We will leave from the parking lot at around 10 p.m.- last year it was 80 degrees when we left the lot. Last year I didn't know I was going until a half an hour before we left home....and I had ridden in a 100K bike ride that morning....so this year I will NOT do the bike ride that day but the weekend prior. We will hike throughout the night and be on the top of Half Dome for sunrise. This year I will have my good camera for photos.

What are your summer plans?

*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*CLIMB THE CABLES TO THE TOP*

 

1 comment:

Busy Bee Suz said...

I'm so excited for you. I remember you doing this last year.
We've already done our 'big vacay' for the year. ('m working on those posts now) and then we have a small four day getaway to Orlando later this month. Summer does fly by....
XO