Saturday, June 8, 2013

5 MORE DAYS!

For the 2nd time in my life there are only 5 more days of first grade....the other was way back in the 1960-something....when I could spend time playing all summer with my friends Kathy and Susie- going to the beach with their families and roasting in the So. Cal sun.

This morning I would go for my usual 5K run- BUT last Sunday as I ran down the hill to do my 5 mile Sunday loop I didn't make it. On the way down, I can feel like I am 20 again...running a sub 8 minute mile pace for the first mile(all downhill)...then it levels off and begins a slight uphill grade and I resume my old lady pace....so here I was speeding down the hill like my old 20 year old self, when I stepped on a branch that someone had pruned from their tree (and did not courteously not disposed of properly,) I rolled my ankle- I stopped- sat on the curb and rubbed it. It stung, but has before and was fine. So I put my shoe back on and proceeded to run slowly down the hill. But my ankle did not feel better. So I walked to the school parking lot and called The Captain to come get me. By the time I got home and walked down my slopping driveway I decided to go to Urgent Care. 

Thankfully no break. So some ice, a wrap and a cane later I came home to rest it. Monday and Tuesday I hobbled around work on a cane. But I still had to move boxes to storage and to my new classroom...I  had 5th graders help push the cart and unload. I was able to swim on Wednesday and yesterday I rode the spin cycle and but not the stair climber.

I need to have a healthy ankle for the Stanford Lucile Packard Children's Hospital run on the 22nd...Daughter #1 runs as a honoree and I am honored to be her mom.

*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*RUN CAREFULLY*MOVE 
A ROOM*5 MORE DAYS OF 1ST*

7 comments:

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Oh no! Take care of yourself! 5 more days! I've been saying that since last night. 5 more days! I think I can I think I can!

Dana said...

I'm glad you didn't have a break. I hope it feels better soon.

Five more days! Yay, you! :D

Cindy Dwyer said...

Hope it feels better soon! And enjoy your summer off!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Oh my gosh.....I DO hope your ankle is back to normal for this special upcoming race. Rest up; I know that is hard for you to do.
SUMMER!!!!! WOOT WOOT!

Teacher-Mom said...

yikes! Take it easy and get all the help you can get. 4...more...days!!!

ChiTown Girl said...

Yikes! I'm so sorry about your ankle! I hope it heals quickly.

xoxox

Wendy said...

I'm late reading this -- hopefully you're 100% by now!