Thursday, June 13, 2013

What are the odds....

... that two of my students would have appendicitis this school year?

I am not even sure how many 6 or 7 year olds get appendicitis...but the odds should be somewhere like winning 5 of 6 lottery numbers on a quick pick wouldn't you think? But it happened it room 14 for the second time yesterday.

At any rate- TOMORROW IS THE LAST DAY OF FIRST GRADE!!

I will be moving every last thing out of my classroom and returning it to the state it was in when I moved in two years ago....nothing but a telephone...only this time there will be a white board on the wall....and a whole lot of drawings that I let my kids do...with Sharpies right on the wall...because the walls are coming down. How often do you get to do that to the classroom walls? Without it being something you would be in trouble for.

*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*SUMMER IS HERE*

4 comments:

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Today was THE longest day ever. Tomorrow will be long too, but for us it's only a half day, thank goodness!
How fun to write on the walls! Are you off to K next year then? Enjoy the last day AND the first day of summer break (the best day of the year). :)

Cindy Dwyer said...

How FUN to be able to write on the walls at school and not get in trouble! Can you post pics?

Busy Bee Suz said...

I think those are just weird odds; appendicitis at that age?? Crazy. I hope they are feeling better.
It sounds like your kids enjoyed the graffiti part of school this year. HA!
Enjoy your summer!
XO

Wendy said...

I remember in 7th grade drilling a hole in my school desk with a compass, writing on the desk, and throwing wads of paper through a broken glass in the ceiling when our building was scheduled for demolition. (I'm not sure why there were windows in the ceiling -- old building? some kind of ventilation? light??)