Sunday, June 23, 2013

Summer Scamper

It was overcast and humid...and then the sun came out for mile two just to toast us for a minute or two...but I beat my last time by 7 seconds even with my rolled ankle...I came in at 28:54- Finally getting past the 30 minute mark again...


After the run: Daughter #1 and I ...and Kira and her husband who placed first overall with 17:00!! Kira ran slow with 20:10! They were enjoying bananas and bagels by the time I came in to get ice on my ankle. I am only 24 years their senior...that's my excuse.

It was fun to see three students from my school and one who was in my class the past two years...all of whom run in my Running Club two mornings a week during the school year.

Now on with summer! (Even if the weather forecast is rain for this afternoon!)

**Official results just posted:
I beat my record by 8 seconds!! And I was 6th out of 51 in my age group...I am excited...maybe that's what I need to run more...now that my ankle feels okay to run when taped :)

*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*TAKE 7 SECONDS OFF YOUR 5K TIME*

3 comments:

Dana said...

Congrats on your great time—and yay for summer!

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Good for you, even injured you're amazing!

Wendy said...

I live two blocks from the middle school that has a very active walking club. It's always fun to see teachers and kids walking together. I know you were proud to see your students running too. And congrats on your new record.