Saturday, June 22, 2013

Let SUMMER Begin!

On Friday I loaded up my car with Club Ed books and craft items and bid farewell to that classroom until next summer. The sun was shining and I was on my way to work out with The Captain in no time at all.

Today I spent enjoying the sunshine, sewing and reading up on word study for second grade. We went to breakfast with our friend and his mother who is visiting from Guatemala -doesn't help that I know only a few words of Spanish -but it was a good time. Then tonight we went to a spaghetti feed for an Avon Breast Cancer Walk...and The Captain won a "Pamper Me Beauty Basket" and I won a $20 Starbucks Card....funny how I don't drink coffee but always win or get those cards as gifts...but I will use it in New York for my favorite unsweetened black ice tea lemonades for breakfast while I check the internet.

Tomorrow Daughter #1 and I will run in a 5k at Stanford...which benefits Lucile Packard Children's Hospital where Daughter #1 spent 3 years of her life...and she will now run as an honoree. I will be testing out my ankle- I have run barely a mile a few days this week and it is still tender...but should be fine for a slowe 5k...and I can always walk.

*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*ENJOY SUMMER!*


4 comments:

Dana said...

I hope you have a fantastic summer!

Survivormama said...

So glad you are enjoying your summer so far...mine is shaping up to be awesome! Take care of that ankle and have fun on your 5k.

Shannon at I Survived and Now I Run

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

You're off to NYC again!?! How fun!

Busy Bee Suz said...

You are starting your summer off with a bang!!!
So, will the captain share is winning beauty basket??
XO