Monday, July 2, 2012

Here is where I am...

Where am I? I am in Utah. I have posted in the past about this adventurous place...so I will pull up those old posts. This is Coalville, Utah, 6 miles from where I lived.....today's post is about:

 Summit County Mercantile in Coalville, Utah:


Opening Day 1908
The original hardwood floor...the floor Captain America's great grandparents walked on and Captain America's grandparents toddled on as babies....and Captain America's parents walked on as babies...and bought candies and ice creams and then rode on the 1932 farm truck's tailgate all the way home.


Not many stores have antlers and hides on the walls....
....along with the fruits and veggies
...and an awesome meat counter.....
Text Color .....and boots and hats and Levis and gear.....horse bridles and tack......
....and where you can put your order on a tab and get billed at the end of the month.....the employee/owners know you, and your grandparents, and your uncles and aunts and your dog and horse....and until a few years back every item had a price written on it in black crayon and was added up at the counter with an adding machine! Then your groceries and supplies are packed in a cardboard box and loaded into your truck. HOW'S THAT FOR SERVICE?

*WELCOME TO UTAH....TURN YOUR CLOCKS BACK 100 YEARS*

*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*SHOP AT THE SUMMIT*

4 comments:

Wendy said...

I love the sounds of this place. Written like a true family historian. Census bug getcha?

ChiTown Girl said...

Sounds incredible! I'd love to visit someday.

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

What a great store. Enjoy your visit.

Busy Bee Suz said...

What a wonderful place....a huge step back in time.
Enjoy!!!