He thought we all hit the trail and left him asleep behind the log...and he had no idea where we were. I am sure I would have panicked in the same way had I thought I was left on an unknown trail in the dark.
Another comment, mainly due to fatigue, was our decent down the cables. I mentioned the woman pictured in my last post had a difficult time on the cables. It seriously took her 45 minutes or more to climb. We all took photos at the top and she and her husband decided to make the descent a good hour before us. We walked to the other side of the dome, took silly photos doing handstands and holding banners and relishing our triumph. Out of our small group I decided to go first and made my way past the first two boards when Daughter #1 and her friend began. We had the dome to ourselves since we hiked all night and now others were beginning their ascent so we had to carefully pass those coming up. When our friend looked down, he saw the woman and her husband maybe 1/2 way down and he said, "Joe! You're coming back up??" He had expected them to be at the bottom waiting for us, but they were still only part way down, and the only logical explaination was that they were coming back up.
...okay, I know, you had to be there. But if I don't blog it here I will forget.
*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*LAUGH AT YOURSELF*AND OTHERS*
6 comments:
You seriously blow me away!
You seriously blow me away!
Oh my gosh....like falling asleep and being jerked away by 'falling'??? Poor guy.
Some peeps are slower than others, and then some peeps never even try! {me}
xo
I agree...they might have been slow but at least they were doing it. I'm always so impressed and inspired when I read your posts.
Sounds like you all were having a grand time.
Lee
Wrote By Rote
I'm sure I would have been just like the lady going down (coming up too, for that matter!).
Post a Comment