...so he got a new tube installed for free by a pro who was set up to help out. Then we checked in, got our numbers on our backs and our timing chips on our helmets and got our bikes out of the car....and waited for the ride to begin.
Tour de Donut is 21 miles long. It is three, 7 mile loops. The catch is, every 7 miles you have the opportunity to eat donuts...and each donut eaten takes 3 minutes off your time. (I am not a true teacher at heart because I DO NOT LIKE DONUTS!) But the ride was fun...and I choked down 6 glazed donuts which were warming in the sun- and probably cost me more time trying to choke them down than I gained in time. I rode my Iron Horse bike so that was a disadvantage for time- but still, I rode 18 MPH the majority of the ride...and I was honest in recording my donuts eaten- and others were not....that was a bummer because we passed a lot of riders and I should have placed in my age group. The ride was fun, and I won't have the opportunity to ride in this again, but seriously, is it worth lying to place?
I decided that Tour de Chocodile or Tour de Chips A-Hoy cookie would be better...where I could eat something I wouldn't gag on :)
*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*RIDE-EAT-RIDE*
7 comments:
Ha! That sounds like a fun concept. I'd need tour de French fries or tour de pizza to make it worthwhile. For such a fun idea what a bummer people weren't honest. Ridiculous!
There actually is Tour de French Fry in San Jose...it's put on by writers for the San Jose Mercury News...but I don't like French Fries either...it's not that I am against junk food....I just don't like fries and donuts.
Ha Ha HA! I can't believe you had to choke down donuts. I wish I had that problem! I am going to pray and ask Jesus tonight to PLEASE help me dislike donuts... : ) I am sorry people were dishonest. I don't like that one bit.
If you'll ride for me, I'll eat donuts for you.
YOU are the best. NO, lying is never worth it.
I'm proud of you both...you ROCK my socks. Donuts or not. :)
I like Wendy's idea - I can't believe you don't like donuts! Or that you cycled this far! Pants to the liars - we know you did the best ;)
Yes Wendy! I would take you up on that offer! We would win!!
Post a Comment