Sunday, December 16, 2012

Street Scramble

Today, my team ThE LaNd SHarKs, won first place in the 1st Annual San Carlos Street Scramble. (We were the only bike team in our category that showed up...) We rode 24.98 miles and got 470 points for making it to checkpoints and texting in the correct answers. But most of all, we had FUN!


We got to the running store that sponsored the ride and checked in and got our maps....and t-shirts since we were in the 1st 50 to register. There we 5 of us....and we took a while to get started but once we did it was fun....they gave us some clues on a map that was partially marked and then there was a question to answer....like, what is the last person's name listed on the plaque on the statue or what is the brand of the basketball hoop, what is the city code ordinance on the fence, etc. We were in the 3 hour division.....the weather was c-o-l-d for here....48 degrees....but when climbing a big hill it was perfect.


I will have to post a picture of the 5 of us (Today the blog allowed me to upload a photo!!) when I get around to getting a new blog....but that will be after I get a tree....can you believe it?!! We don't even have a tree yet? Probably because we haven't all been around at one time to get one....and I have been busy with important things like having fun.

*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*RIDE A BIKE*FIND A CLUE*

2 comments:

Dana said...

Sounds like fun! You have plenty of time to get your tree. :)

Busy Bee Suz said...

Well fun needs to happen!!!!
It is December 22nd now and I hope you've found a minute or two to get that tree up. :)