Saturday, January 12, 2013

And I did it!

Daughter #1 and I swam the Postal Swim...the entire hour...without stopping...and I wasn't last- I did beat an 83 year old lady who swam in the next lane...pathetic huh!? But she swims with Masters and is in incredible shape....we all should be so lucky at 83!

Anyways...I swam 110 laps...I generally only count round trip as one lap...so 55 laps completed...36=1 mile...so a mile and a half. I have never swam for an hour before...and I was never a swimmer until I joined the Athletic Club almost 2 years ago....so I am feeling pretty good about it.

A 25 year old girl swam 4,900 yards...she was shooting for 5,000...she is in incredible shape.

I will do this swim again next year and hope to improve.
 
*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*THANK GOODNESS THE
 POOL WATER IS WARM*

7 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

Woo hoo!! I'm so completely impressed with you guys!!

Anonymous said...

Wow - that's brilliant, well done! I do about 10-15 mins in the pool in the summer and I'm done in!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Wow....you are amazing. Great joy, you should be proud!

Natalie said...

Way to go!!!

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

WoW! Good for you!.

Wendy said...

OK, so I'm dusting off my Total Gym right now. You're amazing.

And I'm nominating you for the Wonderful Team Member Readership Award. Swim, Run, Climb, Bike, and cartwheel on over and get it!
http://jollettetc.blogspot.com/2013/01/awards-shmwards-im-no-jody-foster.html

Cindy Dwyer said...

OMG, I would have drown. That is amazing. Good for you!