Saturday, January 26, 2013

Loooooong Week!

This was the looooongest short week ever....culminating in a field trip and a birthday party. I slept well!

Today I want to repaint the chalkboard on the Squirt sign:


It was a Father's Day gift to The Captain years ago...bought off eBay because the sign we really wanted..."Dad's Root Beer," from a local antique store was more $$ than I had. But, the chalkboard on this sign is shot. Chalk barely writes on it and the florescent chalkboard markers aren't much better. Soooooo, I will attempt to mask it and respray it with chalkboard spray paint. I hope it works! Then we will write on it more often than holidays and birthdays! I can't wait :)

Happy Much Needed Weekend to Y'all!
 
*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*HAVE A LAZY WEEKEND*

4 comments:

Dana said...

Good luck with your project! Let us know how it goes.

Have a great weekend!

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

I got home from Wed night and said, "I can't believe it's only Wednesday!" The week dragged.
What a cool sign! Please share it when you finish. I love that stuff!

Busy Bee Suz said...

I hope the spray paint works well. If not, try the brush on chalkboard paint....I know ti works.
Happy Monday!

Wendy said...

Do they even make Squirt anymore? I guess they do, but it's not one I ever shop for.