Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Remember Our Stolen Mail?

I was so sure it was the mailman here that stole the mail because he was arrested for stealing over 1,000 pieces of mail and using credit cards he applied for in his customer's names...and also for passing stolen cards and mail to three of his friends...BUT it turns out the gift cards my sister sent to my kids were not stolen here- in fact the letter most likely never made it out of the Holiday Post Office in Anaheim, California.

If my sister was able to report the cards stolen a few days earlier she could have canceled the cards before the thief used 2 of them.... just a few miles away from that post office!

My sister mailed two greeting cards- she stood in line and had the cards weighed by the clerk because she thought they weighed more than an ounce and didn't want the cards to be returned to her for not enough postage...the clerk took the two pieces of mail from my sister and she left. What happened after that is the mystery...one card arrived at our house the next day- and the one with the 3 gift cards to In n Out at $10.00 each was intercepted and used. Can you imagine stealing a piece of mail, opening it and then using the gift card like they were yours? I hope they got food poisoning! Why would someone risk losing a government job with all the perks just to steal a meal? I am so mad! I want the video surveillance from In n Out the time that those gift cards were used!

*LIVESTRONG*LOVESTRONGER*LAUGH HARDER*MAKE SURE YOU GET A TRACKING NUMBER OR INSURE EVERYTHING YOU MAIL*

5 comments:

Dana said...

Just reading this makes me furious! What's wrong with some people??

Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

That's awful! There are so many good people out there, but there seem to be just as many rotten people who have no consideration for ANYONE other than themselves.
I'm hoping that "Karma's a b-otch" came into play here.

Busy Bee Suz said...

I don't know why we are always so shocked when this happens.....but the world is full of people with no conscience. IT is sad.
I do know that at the post office I go to (In my little neck of the woods) the staff is so friendly and open...I just could not imagine it happening there. But if I went a few miles down the road; different story.
Sorry the kids missed out on their gift cards, and I TOO hope someone got a stomach bug from their thieving.
XO

Wendy said...

I do believe those thieves set themselves up for some bad Karma.

ChiTown Girl said...

I'm just getting caught up around here. What the hell!? I'm with you, I hope whoever used those cards was rewarded with a flaming bout of diarrhea!!